Thursday 29 November 2012

can it be Thursday already...?

well actually it's nearly Friday - where has the week gone?!  I have decided to invent a new Blogging Award...I have called it the Crap Blogger Award and I will only ever be awarding it to myself!  There are at least a million things I should have shared this week...well maybe that's a tiny exaggeration...but I do feel like there either aren't enough hours in each day, or I need an extra me to do all the boring jobs so I can do all the fun stuff like blogging! 

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments about the bits I made for the Craft Fair - it went very well, I sold quite a bit and had a fun day. 

The light was terrible and there was a very busy background behind my stall so I didn't bother taking too many pictures, but here is a little glimpse of my buttons and mirrors, displayed on my favourite vintage plates of course...


One of the nicest things about the fair was that it was at the local secondary school, where M will be going in a few years...it used to have a pretty bad reputation but now it seems like a really great school.  It was the first time they'd held a Christmas fair and lots of pupils and teachers got involved, and I met the Head and she was lovely.  It seems strange to be thinking about it now, but I'm learning that the years zip by so fast and before I know it he'll be off to big school all by himself...*gulp*!

In the meantime his lovely primary school is holding their very well established Christmas Craft Fair next weekend and I'll be there selling more lovely fabric goodies.  I sold a lot on my stall there last year, including big things like lampshades and cushion covers, so I need to get some serious making done over the next week! 

Hope you're having a lovely week, although I haven't been posting I have been trying to keep up with a lot of lovely blogs - apologies if I haven't popped by recently, I may have lurked and not found time to comment!  And sorry for the word-heavy/photo-light post, thanks for sticking with me if you've got this far.... :)

Rachel xx

7 comments:

  1. I've just brought some buttons to cover, they look a bit fiddely! These look great! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can be a bit fiddly Ada but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it! Did you buy a 'Universal tool' to help put the bits together? It really helps (well, I haven't tried without it - I don't think I'd want to!) x

      Delete
  2. Rachel, the stall looks amazing! And I think I recognize a mirror - thanks a million lady - I love it! Will email you over the weekend, but like you I'm so so busy. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! Yes that's your mirror - glad it got to you so quickly and that you like it! The colours of the flowers reminded me of some of your favourite things - haven't you got a lovely hat that colour? Don't worry I know all about busyness! xx

      Delete
  3. Oooh well done you, love your buttons!
    daisy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stuff is gorgeous! I hope you sell more this weekend. I have my last craft fair this afternoon and will breathe a sigh of relief when it's over, I must say! x

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for reading, if you'd like to leave a comment that would be lovely! I read them all and will try to answer any questions, so if you've asked one please do check back here! x