Saturday 25 August 2012

wise words...

Hello lovelies, I hope you've all enjoyed your Saturdays, and are looking forward to the rest of your long weekend...the end of the school holidays is almost upon us, and I am feeling a mixture of wistfulness and relief when I think of M returning.

I want to say thanks again for all your lovely messages of support, encouragement, love....I feel very lucky.  I am generally a pretty positive and optimistic person, but sometimes when things are going pear-shaped and I'm tired or depleted, I can feel myself slipping into a dark place....that's where I was at yesterday, and I reached out, and you were there for me.  It made a real difference. Thank you.  

I found this the other day (on Pinterest of course!), and it sums up what I need to remember when it starts going a bit wrong....


Aah, so true.  So today I have banished all those dark thoughts, and focused on the moment, which is really all we have anyway.   Tomorrow I'll be back to show you some of my favourite pretty vintage things from the magical world of the internet, because that, among other things, is what this blog is supposed to be all about!  Sorry if I forgot that for a while, and thanks for sticking with me, you're great.

Happy Bank Holiday weekend!

Rachel xxx

9 comments:

  1. Love that Pin. It totally says it all. And don't worry about saying things on your blog - that's what it's for - being you. We all have crappy days, better to get it out there than to bottle it up. Hey, that's what blog mates are for - right? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, bless you for that Jen - just what I needed to hear! Hope you're having a fabulous weekend lovely lady. xx

      Delete
  2. Yes- Jen said it all. Chin up buttercup! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers gorgeous! Was so funny bumping into you all over Bath today, great minds think alike...xx

      Delete
  3. What a very wise quote that is, something for us all to bear in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quote, glad you are back and smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that quote, I need to remind myself of that as I have a tendency to worry and get all anxious over stuff I can't control. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this too and worrying is my main game sometimes- its not good as it can take over and like the quote says it does no good at all. Thanks for this and take care yourself. Sending a virtual hug, Jx

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for reading, if you'd like to leave a comment that would be lovely! I read them all and will try to answer any questions, so if you've asked one please do check back here! x