Thursday 26 January 2012

I love lovebirds!

Yesterday my fellow blogger little green shed put a link on Facebook to these beautiful lovebirds on Folksy, by a maker called Kirsty Elson who I didn't know of before but is now a definite favourite!  I love the zingy, springy colours and the mix of natural found materials and those gorgeous retro prints.




I really like the addition of the baby bird to the more traditional pair of lovebirds, but here are some birdy couples that I love who haven't made babies yet.  One gorgeous print by Jane Foster,  which I was lucky enough to get for Christmas (thank you F!),


and a lovely 3D pair by Bristol artist/maker Tom Frost, who I stumbled across while trawling the archives of one of my favourite blogs, kickcan and conkers, which never fails to show me things that make me smile! 


I hadn't come across Tom's work before, but as he's Bristol based I expect he knows at least 20 people that I know, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it turns out he lives round the corner!  I love their handprinted look, and they are now on my ever-growing wishlist.  Hmm, we don't normally do much for Valentine's day, but maybe presents are in order this year?!

Hope you're having a lovely day, whatever you're up to!

Rach x

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for featuring my love birds in your post - and I am thrilled to be amongst such good company! Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for reading, if you'd like to leave a comment that would be lovely! I read them all and will try to answer any questions, so if you've asked one please do check back here! x